Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are easy to put together and can be made for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. I suspect some beef strips, instead of chicken, wouldn't be out of place here so feel free to experiment!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mixed mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, portabela) or 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup water, white wine or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 fresh flour tortillas
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 fresh chilies, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1⁄2 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add onions, garlic and mushrooms, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add water (or other options) and thyme and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- If you are adding chicken, put it in at this point as well.
- When most of the liquid has evaporated, set aside.
- Puree the cream, chilis and avocado until smooth.
- Take some of the mushroom mixture and roll it up into a tortilla.
- Place in an ovenproof dish then poor sauce over tortillas.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top.
- Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Have had this in my hopper for awhile so thought it about time I make it. Nice flavours and really liked the avocado cream that is poured over top, I will make that again for other uses. I also used chicken and browned that before anything else, and I used apple juice for the liquid option. In the ingredients its stated to use yogurt yet in step 6 it mentions cream, I used the yogurt and liked the flavour. Thank you for sharing.