1/1 Photo of California-Style Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
After a discussion on the boards, I decided to post this recipe. Even non-garlic heads will love it. I serve with a nice crusty bread to sop up the juices and spread the cooked garlic on. This recipe comes from the American Diabetes Assoc., so you know that in addition to having a to die for taste - it's good for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil or 9.85 ml dried basil
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh oregano or 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 40 garlic cloves, separated, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Prepare a medium baking dish with olive oil flavored nonstick pan spray.
- 3Place chicken in dish and brush with oil.
- 4Sprinkle basil, oregano, salt & pepper over the chicken.
- 5Spread the garlic, celery, onion & parsley over and around the chicken.
- 6Pour the wine and lemon juice into the baking dish.
- 7Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- 8Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California-Style Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.1
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 255.1 mg
- Sodium 572.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 66.1 g