Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
After a discussion on the boards, I decided to post this recipe. Even non-garlic heads will love it. I serve with a nice crusty bread to sop up the juices and spread the cooked garlic on. This recipe comes from the American Diabetes Assoc., so you know that in addition to having a to die for taste - it's good for you.
- 1360.77 g chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil or 9.85 ml dried basil
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh oregano or 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 40 garlic cloves, separated, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 177.44 ml dry white wine
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a medium baking dish with olive oil flavored nonstick pan spray.
- Place chicken in dish and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, salt & pepper over the chicken.
- Spread the garlic, celery, onion & parsley over and around the chicken.
- Pour the wine and lemon juice into the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
This was just excellent!! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and it turned out great!! The garlic was especially good and the combination of tastes were mouth watering. Served it with boiled parsely and chives potatoes and a green salad. Excellent dinner Mysterygirl!!
This was excellent! Since there are only 2 of us, I used boneless skinless breasts for the chicken, and added 1/4 of a cup of chicken broth to the wine and lemon mixture. (The boneless breasts don't provide much "juice".) The only thing I would do differently next time is to increase the amount of sauce fixin's. I made macaroni and cheese and baked crumb-topped tomatoes to go with this, but we could have made a meal out of the crusty bread and this chicken recipe! Next time I won't work so hard... :o) Thanks for a great recipe, Mysterygirl, this will get used often!
Excellent, Mysterygirl!! So tender & delicious - I will definitely make this again. Even fussy DH loved it! Thanks!!!