Recipe by Mysterygirl
After a discussion on the boards, I decided to post this recipe. Even non-garlic heads will love it. I serve with a nice crusty bread to sop up the juices and spread the cooked garlic on. This recipe comes from the American Diabetes Assoc., so you know that in addition to having a to die for taste - it's good for you.
Top Review by Derf
This was just excellent!! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and it turned out great!! The garlic was especially good and the combination of tastes were mouth watering. Served it with boiled parsely and chives potatoes and a green salad. Excellent dinner Mysterygirl!!
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 40 garlic cloves, separated, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a medium baking dish with olive oil flavored nonstick pan spray.
- Place chicken in dish and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, salt & pepper over the chicken.
- Spread the garlic, celery, onion & parsley over and around the chicken.
- Pour the wine and lemon juice into the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.