Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Colorful and cool - this California spin on spinach salad has a lot going on without a lot of effort.
- 1360.77 g fresh spinach, washed and dried thoroughly
- 5 medium ripe Hass avocadoes, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 29.58 ml limes or 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml ripe olives, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 473.18 ml mandarin oranges, drained and quartered
- spinach salad dressing (recipe follows)
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml dry leaf tarragon, crushed
- 4.92 ml dijon-style mustard
- 473.18 ml vegetable oil
- In small saucepan, bring vinegar and tarragon to a boil. Cool.
- Blend mustard and vinegar mixture in deep bowl. Stir well.
- Gradually add oil, beating until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tear spinach into bite size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. In medium bowl, generously drizzle lime juice over avocado cubes before tossing in salad to prevent browning and to enhance flavor. Add avocados, olives, onions and oranges to mixing bowl and toss together with salad dressing.
Wow is this ever good Little Bee! A great combination of flavors and textures. Served it with grilled salmon - the two were a marriage made in heaven. DH has requested this salad again soon! Thanks :)