Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from an old newspaper clipping found in one of my mom's kitchen closets. It's a great way to serve spinach and it's microwave-easy!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 0.5 (1 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry herb stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the two packages of spinach in an 8-inch square baking pan so that they slant on the sides of the dish. Microwave on high for 9-10 minutes. Remove spinach from the packaging and drain the liquid but do not squeeze dry.
- Put the spinach in the same 8-inch square dish. Stir in soup mix and sour cream. Level out the mixture in the dish.
- Sprinkle with stuffing mix and top with cheese. Microwave 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
A nice side for either dinner or your breakfast eggs. The spinach turned out moist but not soggy. The onion soup provides a nice seasoning that did not over power the spinach. Best of all is how easy this recipe comes together. Thanks for the post.
this is sooo easy and soo good and fast . i bet you could use old frnch onion dip if you had it fast tasty side