Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very different type of fruit salad. You can used precooked frozen, thawed shrimp for this - they should be small to medium sized shrimp. Canned pineapple is not recommended.
- 1 lb cooked baby shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb green seedless grape, halved
- 3 stalks celery, diced or sliced
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 4 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained,sliced
- 8 ounces canned lychees, drained (optional)
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled,cored,and in chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- lettuce leaf, for garnish
- In a large bowl,mix together shrimp, grapes, celery, almonds, water chestnuts,and lichees.
- Gently stir in pineapple.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Set out 4 serving plates and line with clean lettuce leaves.
- Portion out the salad into mounds atop the lettuce leaves and drizzle with some of the dressing on each.
- Serve remaining dressing on the side.
This salad was superb! I followed the recipe, leaving out the lychees, and cutting the celery to 2 stalks. My hubby and I enjoyed this very much. Great with the fresh pineapple! The dressing was perfect with these ingredients. I will make this again!
Wow, this is delicious, even with canned pineapple as I couldn't find a fresh pineapple. I cut the recipe in half for 2 people. I followed the recipe, didn't use the lychees. Love the dressing will try it on other salads. I served the salad on a bed of baby greens, with braised Lamb chops and red potatoes. This will made a great summer salad & a complete dinner.
A fantastic dish and so easy to prepare. Wife raved about it and she doesn't like pineapple. Think next time will toast almonds before adding. Omitted lychees as have no earthly idea what they (it) are (is).