Recipe by HeatherFeather
A very different type of fruit salad. You can used precooked frozen, thawed shrimp for this - they should be small to medium sized shrimp. Canned pineapple is not recommended.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This salad was superb! I followed the recipe, leaving out the lychees, and cutting the celery to 2 stalks. My hubby and I enjoyed this very much. Great with the fresh pineapple! The dressing was perfect with these ingredients. I will make this again!
- 1 lb cooked baby shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb green seedless grape, halved
- 3 stalks celery, diced or sliced
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 4 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained,sliced
- 8 ounces canned lychees, drained (optional)
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled,cored,and in chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- lettuce leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl,mix together shrimp, grapes, celery, almonds, water chestnuts,and lichees.
- Gently stir in pineapple.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Set out 4 serving plates and line with clean lettuce leaves.
- Portion out the salad into mounds atop the lettuce leaves and drizzle with some of the dressing on each.
- Serve remaining dressing on the side.