Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from one of my cooklets. Sensible Pasta recipes. By Hershey Food Corp. Very tasty, and good for you too! Changed up a little for my tastes.
- 3 cups shelled pasta, uncooked (Rotini, Rotelle)
- 3 cups frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped yellow sweet pepper
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; during last 2 minutes of cooking, stir in broccoli and sweet yellow pepper.
- Drain pasta and vegetables. In non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt margarine; add garlic and dried red pepper flakes.
- Cook 1 minute; do not brown.
- Toss hot pasta and vegetables with garlic mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Salt to taste.