Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an absolutely delicious main dish salad that I found in my church cookbook. I don't know how I missed it for so many years! This salad is especially attractive when served in a large shallow bowl with the lettuces on bottom, and each ingredient in its own section on the top. You can just toss the dressing and mix the salad at the table right before eating. The ingredients are easy to substitute and the recipe is easily halved.
- 10 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and torn
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 2 avocados, sliced (if making ahead of time, dip avocado in lemon juice)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 3 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Prepare all salad ingredients as indicated and place in bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Toss dressing with salad and eat up!