Adapted from Medicine.net. California rolls are a typical introduction to sushi. And they are yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups crabmeat (about 1/4 pound)
- 4 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 green onion
- 4 sheets nori
- 4 cups sushi rice
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- wasabi paste
- light soy sauce
- 1Add crabmeat, light cream cheese, light mayonnaise, and green onion (if desired) to small food processor (or small mixing bowl) and pulse or beat until nicely blended.
- 2Turn a burner of your stove to low flame or low heat. Wave a sheet of nori over the heat (both sides) to soften slightly.
- 3Lay the sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi roller (available at import stores and Asian markets).
- 4Dip your hands in warm water, and use them to spread a cup of hot, sticky rice on the nori, leaving a 1-inch border on each long side.
- 5Spread about 1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste in a horizontal strip down the middle of the rectangle of rice.
- 6Arrange a heaping 1/4 cup of the crab mixture (one-fourth of the total mixture) down the center of the rice rectangle.
- 7Arrange avocado slices down the center as well.
- 8Roll up the bamboo mat, pressing forward, to shape the sushi into a cylinder so that the two long edges of the nori meet and overlap slightly. Press the roll firmly inside the bamboo roller.
- 9Remove roll from the bamboo mat and wrap it with foil or plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until needed.
- 10Repeat with remaining nori, rice, crab, and avocado. When ready to serve, cut each roll into about 8 pieces using a serrated knife. Serve with light soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Roll - Sushi
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.4
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 103.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: