Vino Girl's Note:
From Family Circle magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) packages microwaveable rice (such as Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 avocados
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups surimi, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 ounces)
- 12 boston lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried (from 1 small head)
- 6 tablespoons finely crushed wasabi peas (optional)
- 1Microwave each rice package for 90 seconds.
- 2Place rice in medium-size bowl and stir in vinegar, sugar and salt; let sit 10 minutes.
- 3While rice sits, cut each avocado in half. Cut 3 of the halves into 1/2-inch chunks. Cut remaining half into 12 slices; set aside.
- 4Gently stir avocado chunks, cucumber and surimi into rice.
- 5Fan 2 lettuce leaves on a plate. Top with 1 cup rice mixture; repeat for 6 servings.
- 6Garnish each with two avocado slices and 1 tablespoon crushed wasabi peas, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Roll Salad
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 491.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: