Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Family Circle magazine
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) packagesmicrowaveable rice (such as Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- 2⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 avocados
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups surimi, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 ounces)
- 12 boston lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried (from 1 small head)
- 6 tablespoons finely crushed wasabi peas (optional)
- Microwave each rice package for 90 seconds.
- Place rice in medium-size bowl and stir in vinegar, sugar and salt; let sit 10 minutes.
- While rice sits, cut each avocado in half. Cut 3 of the halves into 1/2-inch chunks. Cut remaining half into 12 slices; set aside.
- Gently stir avocado chunks, cucumber and surimi into rice.
- Fan 2 lettuce leaves on a plate. Top with 1 cup rice mixture; repeat for 6 servings.
- Garnish each with two avocado slices and 1 tablespoon crushed wasabi peas, if desired.