1/1 Photo of California Roll-In-A-Bowl Salad
Sephardi Kitchen's Note:
A less fussy way to eat sushi ingredients! I eyeballed quantities when I came up with this, so the measurements aren't precise-- adjust any ingredients to taste. You could probably make a more filling meal out of this by adding in some cooked chilled brown or white rice, or adding more vegetables. And I chose to coat the fish with panko bread crumbs but I'm sure it would work just fine with seared fish or sashimi. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces white fish fillets, cut into nugget-sized pieces (tuna, tilapia or other seafood may be substituted)
For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or sugar substitute or peach nectar)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 dash mirin rice wine (optional)
For the Breading
For the Salad
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup nori, chopped (sush seaweed)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- pickled ginger (optional)
- 1Combine the marinade ingredients together, and place in a shallow dish with the fish. Let sit at least 1 hour (overnight is best), turning the fish occasionally.
- 2Mix the breading ingredients together on a plate. Coat the fish pieces, pressing so the panko sticks. Place on a greased baking pan.
- 3Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- 4Thinly slice the lettuce. Add to a bowl with the remaining salad ingredients.
- 5In another bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together until the wasabi is dissolved. Pour over the salad, mix well.
- 6Place the fish on top, and garnish with pickled ginger and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Roll-In-A-Bowl Salad
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 3684.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: