Recipe by Angel91805
Very yummy side dish. A dear lady used to bring this to work for pot-lucks and everyone loved it. You could easily cut this recipe in half. (Cooking time is based on using a slow cooker!)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 large bay leaf (finely crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet and saute onion until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Transfer to a crockpot at low setting for 4 hours. OR put in a lightly greased 2 quart shallow baking dish in preheated oven at 375 degrees uncovered for about 25 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
- * Note: to prepare 4 cups fluffy white rice, bring 2 1/2 cups cold water to boiling in a large saucepan. Add 1 cup converted rice and 1 tsp salt. Cover tightly and cook over low heat until water is absorbed, about 25-35 minutes.