Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one has been a hit everywhere I take it! It couldn't be any easier to make, AND you can prepare it ahead of time, AND it gets rave reviews - all of which makes you a rock star!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9" x 13" casserole dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Saute onions in butter until very soft, stirring constantly. Add garlic during last two minutes of cooking.
- In large bowl combine cooked rice, onion/garlic/butter mixture, sour cream, cottage cheese, chilis, salt and pepper.
- Layer half the rice mixture in bottom of casserole dish and top with half of shredded cheese. Repeat with remainder of rice mixture; top with remainder of cheese. (If making ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap after everything is assembled and refrigerate up to a day. Remember to let your dish come to room temperature before you place it in the oven.).
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
OMG, this is so good !!!
Thank you for posting this recipe.
This was very good-- I had to adjust my casserole dish as I added ingredients, because it kept getting bigger. I'm sure it can cut in 1/2 with no problem. My neighbor loves rice, and I make this for her when she comes to dinner.
This recipe was quick, easy, and tastes really good. Thank You.