Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This delicious creamy rice is a cooling side dish when served with hot, spicy foods.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 10 -12 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients and place in a greased 2 quart shallow casserole.
- Bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees or microwave until heated through.
- Can be assembled the day before (tastes even better).
- Or can be frozen before baking.
- Defrost before baking.
Sorry about this one. It was bland and disgusting. I submitted these recipes before trying most of them to get the category up and running. Don't bother making this one. Laura Bruce
My family really enjoyed this, even the little one, teenager and husband. Will be making this again. I did put cheddar and pepperjack cheese on top like SaraFish said, but no garlic, salt, or cumin I need to lower salt.
My family LOVES this dish as an alternative to traditional spanish rice (which we do not enjoy). Even my smallest child eats this. I've taken it to potlucks as well with rave reviews. Use a hot pad under your dish to keep it warm, or just zap it in the MW.