Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, Cubed
- 1 large egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, Crushed
- 2 cups mushrooms, Fresh, Sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt 1 tbl of butter in the top of a double boiler.
- Add the wine and heat, then stir in 2 cups of the cheese.
- Heat until melted.
- Add a little of the cheese mixture to the beaten egg and then add the egg mixture back into the cheese.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and basil, set aside keeping the sauce warm.
- Saute the mushrooms in the remaining butter until just tender then sprinkle with the garlic powder and remove from the heat.
- Arrange toast points or triangles on individual heatproof plates.
- Spoon the sauce over the toast then top with the sauteed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and broil until bubbly.
SO delicious! Definitely a recipe for people who enjoy the taste of wine in food. I cooked both mixtures in two different pans at the same time and didn't have to use a double boiler. Just stirred nearly constantly.