A nutritious after school snack, and also great for anyone as a tasty, healthy snack. I think this is from the California Raisin Board.
- Measure raisins and apple juice into small saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until raisins have absorbed all of the juice.
- Stir in honey and cinnamon; cool slightly. Stir in peanut butter.
- Spread onto graham crackers, bread, mini-bagels apple slices or celery sticks.
- Variations: Raisin Peanut Butter Griddlers -- Smear Peanut Butter Spread on whole wheat bread, top with banana slices and grill in a skillet.
- Raisin Peanut Butter Tortilla Roll-Ups: Wrap California Raisin Peanut Butter Spread and banana slices in a who;e wheat tortilla and serve in pinwheel slices.
- Note: Parents do the prep work, and let the kids assemble the sandwiches or wraps.