Mushroom, bacon or ham, swiss and cheddar cheese quiche with spices. THis is quite good. Prep time includes chill time
- 1 cup mushroom, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup bacon, cooked crisp and chopped or 1 cup ham, cooked
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Saute mushrooms, celery, and onion in butter until limp. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, add milk, flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper sauce and beat well.
- Stir in bacon, mushroom mixture, cheese and wine.
- Cover and chill for about an hour.
- To bake:.
- Stir egg mixture well and turn into a buttered 9 inch quiche pan or deep pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with bacon curls if desired.
I made two. One was ham & cheddar (with broccoli) and the other was all veggies starring spinach & red peppers. I did use crusts on both & followed your filling recipe & instructions. Both quiches were excellent. Thank you for sharing your recipe! =)
This was quite good, even with some unintentional changes I made! I was looking to use up a refrigerated crust, and was into the veggie sauteeing before I realized this didn't call for one. I used it anyway, pouring the quiche into the crust just before baking. I also used 1/2 cup of white onion + 1/4 cup green onion, and I accidentally doubled the flour! I refrigerated the mixture overnight (change in dinner plans), but when I baked it, it puffed up beautifully. This was creamy & wholesome & very good.
This was really good and loved the combination of flavors. Thanks