1/1 Photo of California Quiche
Mushroom, bacon or ham, swiss and cheddar cheese quiche with spices. THis is quite good. Prep time includes chill time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mushroom, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup bacon, cooked crisp and chopped or 1 cup ham, cooked
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1Saute mushrooms, celery, and onion in butter until limp. Set aside.
- 2Beat eggs, add milk, flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper sauce and beat well.
- 3Stir in bacon, mushroom mixture, cheese and wine.
- 4Cover and chill for about an hour.
- 5To bake:.
- 6Stir egg mixture well and turn into a buttered 9 inch quiche pan or deep pie plate.
- 7Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until the center is firm.
- 8Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 9Garnish with bacon curls if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.9
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 266.5 mg
- Sodium 290.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: