Mushroom, bacon or ham, swiss and cheddar cheese quiche with spices. THis is quite good. Prep time includes chill time
- 1 cup mushroom, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup bacon, cooked crisp and chopped or 1 cup ham, cooked
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Saute mushrooms, celery, and onion in butter until limp. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, add milk, flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper sauce and beat well.
- Stir in bacon, mushroom mixture, cheese and wine.
- Cover and chill for about an hour.
- To bake:.
- Stir egg mixture well and turn into a buttered 9 inch quiche pan or deep pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with bacon curls if desired.