Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is different than any other plum crisps I found on Zaar because it's made with honey as well as white and brown sugars. I got it from a local 4-H cookbook, although I adapted it to make it dairy-free.
- 4 cups sliced fresh plums (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy margarine
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the plums with honey, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Spoon mixture into 6 1-cup custard cups or other heat-proof dishes.
- Combine the flour, margarine, brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon; mix with clean fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle over plums.
- Bake in 375 oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with Cool Whip Lite, if desired.
One of the best crisp recipes ever! I used Land O Lakes soft baking butter blend, and added some apples as I didn't have enought plums. The crust is outstanding. I can't wait to make this with all plums. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
This was the best plum crisp I've ever made. I loved the addition of the honey. I didn't have any custard cups, so I just baked it in a casserole dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe!