Recipe by Cook4_6
I love balsamic vinegar in recipes, and this is not an exception. This has a nice mixture of flavors that compliment each other wonderfully.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
We really enjoyed this salad! It was very fresh tasting and reminded me of a fancier Greek salad. It was easy to put together. Thank you so much for posting a recipe I'll be using again! Made for Pick~A~Chef, Spring 2008.
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 lb baby arugula leaf
- 3 cups slivered red cabbage
- 6 roma tomatoes, cut and diced
- 18 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lb feta cheese
- 24 kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Vinaigrette Preparation.
- n a mixing bowl, use a hand held electric mixer on low speed or a whisk to blend together the vinegar, garlic, herbs, salt, lemon zest, and pepper.
- Beating or whisking continuously, slowly pour in the oil, blending until it is thoroughly incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Salad Preparation:.
- In a large mixing bowl, use salad servers to toss together the romaine, arugula, cabbage and dressing.
- Transfer the salad to chilled serving plates. Surround each serving with a ring of diced Roma tomatoes, then top with sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese and Kalamata olives.