My absolute favorite salad at any restaurant. Unlike a typical Waldorf in that they serve it with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette rather than a creamy dressing. So easy to throw together, too - grill the chicken a day before or even while putting together the salad ingredients! Makes 2 dinner-sized salads - adjust the amounts accordingly if you prefer less greens. The dressing recipe makes more like 8 servings as I like to keep extra on hand. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, chilled (may use pre-packaged, pre-sliced if in time crunch, although home-grilled is always best)
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup celery, diced (I omit this due to personal preference)
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts (don't skip, the best part!)
- crumbled gorgonzola
For the dressing
- 1For dressing:.
- 2Whisk together all ingredients well.
- 3Chill until serving.
- 4Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, shake or whisk prior to serving. (It may store longer than this, but it never stays around long enough without being eaten for me to know!).
- 5For the salad:.
- 6Toss field greens, fruits and celery, if included, in desired amount of dressing.
- 7Place evenly divided portions on two large, chilled plates.
- 8Top with sliced, chilled chicken breast, candied walnuts, and Gorgonzola.
- 9Voila! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Pizza Kitchen Waldorf Salad Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1181.1
- Calories from Fat 1006
- Total Fat 111.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 547.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens