Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My absolute favorite salad at any restaurant. Unlike a typical Waldorf in that they serve it with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette rather than a creamy dressing. So easy to throw together, too - grill the chicken a day before or even while putting together the salad ingredients! Makes 2 dinner-sized salads - adjust the amounts accordingly if you prefer less greens. The dressing recipe makes more like 8 servings as I like to keep extra on hand. I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, chilled (may use pre-packaged, pre-sliced if in time crunch, although home-grilled is always best)
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced (I omit this due to personal preference)
- 1⁄2 cup candied walnuts (don't skip, the best part!)
- crumbled gorgonzola
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup olive oil (I tend to decrease the oil and it's still tasty)
- For dressing:.
- Whisk together all ingredients well.
- Chill until serving.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, shake or whisk prior to serving. (It may store longer than this, but it never stays around long enough without being eaten for me to know!).
- For the salad:.
- Toss field greens, fruits and celery, if included, in desired amount of dressing.
- Place evenly divided portions on two large, chilled plates.
- Top with sliced, chilled chicken breast, candied walnuts, and Gorgonzola.
- Voila! Enjoy!