Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another delicious pizza that originated at the California Pizza kitchen. Love it!!!
Spicy peanut sauce
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.79 ml honey
- 9.85 ml red wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml minced ginger (or more if you wish)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame oil
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml vietnamese chili sauce (or dried chili flakes)
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 29.58 ml water
Thai chicken pieces
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 283.49 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
For the pizza
- 1 pizza dough, use your own recipe
- cornmeal or flour, for handling
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 scallions, slivered diagonally
- 118.29 ml white bean sprouts
- 59.14 ml shredded carrot
- 29.58 ml chopped roasted peanuts
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan over medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently for one minute.
- Divide into 2 portions for use on chicken and pizza; set aside.
- To make Thai chicken: Cook the chicken in olive oil over med-high heat, stirring, until just cooked; 5 to 6 minutes do not overcook.
- Set aside in refrigerator until chilled through.
- Once chilled, coat the chicken with 1/4 cup sauce.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- To make the pizza: Use a large spoon to spread 1/4 cup sauce evenly over pizza dough within the rim.
- Cover sauce with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Distribute half the chicken pieces over the cheese followed by half the green onions, bean sprouts, and carrots, respectively.
- Sprinkle an additional 1/4cup cheese over the toppings and top the pizza with 1 TBSP chopped peanuts.
- Transfer the pizza to oven; bake until crisp and golden and the cheese is bubbly, 9 to 10 minute.
- When cooked through, remove pizza from oven.
- Sprinkle 1TBSP chopped cilantro over the hot cheesy surface.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for a second pizza.
Yup, I am one of those people who thought they reviewed this and had not. I love love love this recipe. I am not longer in a city that has CPK's and missed this pizza sorely. This has filled a void in my life. Thank you. It is 100% perfect.
My most requested pizza recipe!
The sauce was awe-some. Even without some of the specialty items (e.g. oyster sauce), it was still really yummy. I can't wait to try it with all the right stuff! Thanks so much for posting this!!