This is another delicious pizza that originated at the California Pizza kitchen. Love it!!!
Make and share this California Pizza Kitchen Thai Chicken Pizza recipe from Food.com.
Spicy peanut sauce
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger (or more if you wish)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vietnamese chili sauce (or dried chili flakes)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
Thai chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
For the pizza
- 1 pizza dough, use your own recipe
- cornmeal or flour, for handling
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 scallions, slivered diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup white bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan over medium heat.
- Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently for one minute.
- Divide into 2 portions for use on chicken and pizza; set aside.
- To make Thai chicken: Cook the chicken in olive oil over med-high heat, stirring, until just cooked; 5 to 6 minutes do not overcook.
- Set aside in refrigerator until chilled through.
- Once chilled, coat the chicken with 1/4 cup sauce.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- To make the pizza: Use a large spoon to spread 1/4 cup sauce evenly over pizza dough within the rim.
- Cover sauce with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Distribute half the chicken pieces over the cheese followed by half the green onions, bean sprouts, and carrots, respectively.
- Sprinkle an additional 1/4cup cheese over the toppings and top the pizza with 1 TBSP chopped peanuts.
- Transfer the pizza to oven; bake until crisp and golden and the cheese is bubbly, 9 to 10 minute.
- When cooked through, remove pizza from oven.
- Sprinkle 1TBSP chopped cilantro over the hot cheesy surface.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for a second pizza.