1 hr 35 mins
This is a tasty twist on the usual pecan pie. It's simple and tasty, and hard to mess up. Great for those picky in-laws...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup good-quality hot fudge, room temperature (canned or bottled)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 eggs, beaten smooth
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Carefully remove crust from pie tin.
- 3Thoroughly but lightly coat the inside of the tin with the oil.
- 4Evenly and lightly dust the inside of the oiled crust with flour.
- 5Return shell to tin, and let thaw to room temperature.
- 6Repair any cracks with a moistened fingertips by gently patting the crack edges together.
- 7Brush the inside with the beaten egg yolk, avoiding the fluted edge, and concentrating on cracked areas.
- 8Bake for 8 minutes.
- 10In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir the syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and salt together with a wooden spoon.
- 11Bring to a boil, and then add the fudge sauce immediately.
- 12Let cool for 5 minutes, and then stir in the cubed butter until melted and thoroughly blended.
- 13Add eggs, beating until thoroughly incorporated into the mixture.
- 14Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- 15Arrange the pecan halves, flat side down, on the surface.
- 16Bake until the filling is set, about 45 minutes in the 350 oven.
- 17Place on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Pizza Kitchen Style Fudge Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.9
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 163.1 mg
- Sodium 423.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g