Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every time I eat at CPK, I have to have this salad! I love the tangy dressing, the fresh basil, the crispness of the ingredients. My husband got their cookbook for Christmas one year and I enjoy making it at home occasionally too!
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups olive oil, mild flavored
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into 1/8 inch wide strips
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped into 1/8 inch wide strips
- 12 leaves basil, chopped into fine strips
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 4 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 cups turkey breast, diced
- 1⁄2 cup salami, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- For salad, toss together the ingredients in a large bowl and chill in your refrigerator.
- For dressing, whisk together ingredients in a small bowl and chill for an hour.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with salad and serve on small individual plates.
- Can serve 4 for a main dish or 8 for small side salads.
very, very good!! My company loved it too:) I used green onions instead of the scallions and put hard-boiled eggs in, instead of the turkey! Very tasty salad, would be good with grilled chicken!
I really enjoyed this salad but made several changes so it would be healthier (lower sodium, fat, calories). I deleted all meat, used only romaine, used only 2 cups of reduced fat mozarella, added green pepper (olives would be good too), and made the dressing as instructed but added a teaspoon of sweetener.
Amazing! I added some avocado and used fresh herbs in the dressing. The result was a salad that I could eat every single day, no kidding. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us.