Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every time I eat at CPK, I have to have this salad! I love the tangy dressing, the fresh basil, the crispness of the ingredients. My husband got their cookbook for Christmas one year and I enjoy making it at home occasionally too!
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups olive oil, mild flavored
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into 1/8 inch wide strips
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped into 1/8 inch wide strips
- 12 leaves basil, chopped into fine strips
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 4 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 cups turkey breast, diced
- 1⁄2 cup salami, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- For salad, toss together the ingredients in a large bowl and chill in your refrigerator.
- For dressing, whisk together ingredients in a small bowl and chill for an hour.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with salad and serve on small individual plates.
- Can serve 4 for a main dish or 8 for small side salads.
Everyone at our dinner party loved this salad. Next time I will not mix the entire dressing with the greens. There was some salad left over and by the next day it would have been mush. I made the dressing 2 days early for the flavors to meld and then let it come to room temp before tossing with the salad.
Loved it! This is great as a meal and makes a ton.
This is a great salad dressing. It is flavorful without being too salty or overpowering. I have not used the salad combination indicated here. I've used the dressing with a combination of cured olives, leaf lettuces, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and onion - all chopped fairly small so that every bite has a taste of everything. Great!