Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every time I eat at CPK, I have to have this salad! I love the tangy dressing, the fresh basil, the crispness of the ingredients. My husband got their cookbook for Christmas one year and I enjoy making it at home occasionally too!
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups olive oil, mild flavored
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped into 1/8 inch wide strips
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped into 1/8 inch wide strips
- 12 leaves basil, chopped into fine strips
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 4 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 cups turkey breast, diced
- 1⁄2 cup salami, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- For salad, toss together the ingredients in a large bowl and chill in your refrigerator.
- For dressing, whisk together ingredients in a small bowl and chill for an hour.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with salad and serve on small individual plates.
- Can serve 4 for a main dish or 8 for small side salads.
very, very good!! My company loved it too:) I used green onions instead of the scallions and put hard-boiled eggs in, instead of the turkey! Very tasty salad, would be good with grilled chicken!
Amazing! I added some avocado and used fresh herbs in the dressing. The result was a salad that I could eat every single day, no kidding. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us.
Made the dressing to put on a greens salad we'd already chopped, which had no turkey, no salami, no cheese. It was awesome. We just added it by spoon to the salad on our plates like we would dressing out of the bottle because we wanted to control calories, etc. The balance of flavors was fantastic. We had it again today for lunch on a different salad that was all romaine with chopped veggies and a small amount of chopped bacon and avocado and we just flipped out at how great it was. And we just might make another salad for dinner tonight so we can have it again. That's how good it was. Btw, we went with just 1 cup of olive oil and I didn't add the parsley. Went high end on parm.