Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
from internet. mmmm shrimp. :)
- 2 ounces california pink shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- nonstick cooking spray
- Pour nonfat egg substitute into a small bowl, add water, dill and black pepper.
- Beat with a whisk until foamy.
- Spray a 6-8 inch nonstick skilllet with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- When skillet is hot, add the egg mixture.
- Push the egg mixture toward the center of the pan with a spatula until the mixture begins to set.
- Place the goat cheese and California Pink Shrimp meat on half of the egg mixture.
- Fold the other half over the filling and slide the omelette onto a warm dinner plate.
- Garnish the top with chopped chives.
Loved the taste of this! Don't think I've ever had an shrimp omelette before, but here, the combo of shrimp & goat cheese & dill (which I included) was very satisfying! A keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Think Pink in Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness]
Yum! I guess I still need practice in omelette making as this one wasn't my prettiest attempt but it sure did taste great! I used a sheep's milk feta as I had it on hand, and 2 large eggs instead of the egg substitute. Thanks for the recipe!