Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a savory rice and beef casserole courtesy of the Edith Adams column in the Vancouver Sun circa 1960 . " This casserole combines the dark and handome olives with rice, ground beef, green pepper, onion and tomato paste for a colourful and very flavourful main dish." Serve this casserole with a green salad.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut olives into wedges.
- Brown ground beef in oil in a hot skillet. Drain beef, reserving drippings. Transfer the beef to a prepared casserole dish.
- Saute onion and green pepper in the beef drippings. Add to casserole.
- Brown the rice lightly in the same skillet, stirring constantly. Stir rice, seasonings and olives into the casserole.
- Blend the hot water and tomato paste together. Pour over top of casserole and cover.
- Bake for one hour.