BubbasMom Wetmore's Note:
This sweet/sour mildly hot chutney is great served with curried chicken or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium peaches, peeled,seeded sliced
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs or 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1Combine all ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Simmer, stirring frequently, 30 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Wash 5 (1/2 pint) jars in hot soapy water; rinse.
- 5Keep hot until needed.
- 6Prepare self-sealing lids as manufacturer directs.
- 7Ladle hot chutney into 1 hot jar at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 8Release trapped air.
- 9Wipe rim of jar with a clean damp cloth.
- 10Attach self-sealing lid.
- 11Repeat with remaining jars.
- 12Place filled jars on a rack in a large pot of boiling water.
- 13Water should cover jars 1 to 2 inches and have an additional 2 inches for boiling space.
- 14Cover pot.
- 15Bring water to a boil.
- 16At sea level, boil 10 minutes.
- 17For every 1000 feet altitude, add one minute to boiling time.
- 18Store up to 1 year.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Peach Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 608.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 87.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: