1/2 Photos of California Orange Honey Muffins
Why just about anything with wheat germ in it is titled "California" I'll never know, but I love the stuff. This recipe is adapted from Gene Opton's book, "Honey: A Connoisseur's Guide".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F. Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- 2Combine the flour, powder, soda, salt and wheat germ in a medium bowl.
- 3Cream the butter with a mixer, then add the honey and beat until fluffy.
- 4Add the egg, zest and juice and beat again.
- 5Add the dry ingredients to the butter-honey mixture and stir until just combined.
- 6The batter may be lumpy - don't worry about it, just make sure you don't have any dry spots.
- 7Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool slightly in the tins for about 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a rack or serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Orange Honey Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 112.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of