Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthy breakfast cereal from the orange groves of California!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups oats (regular)
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-bran cereal (crushed)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together oats, cereal and nuts.
- In a small saucepan stir together orange juice, honey, allspice and cinnamon. Cook and stir just until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Pour over oat mixture, tossing just until coated.
- Spread oat mixture evenly in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until oats are lightly browned, stirring twice. Remove from oven.
- Immediately turn out onto a large piece of foil; cool completely. If desired, serve with yogurt, milk, and/or fresh fruit.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This turned out great - I was nervous but it was really successful.I used orange juice concentrate so flavour was terrrific. I was grateful for the advice to watch closely though and luckily mine did not burn !!
This didn't have as much flavor as other orange granola recipes, but it was very healthy. I added some coconut, and doubled the honey, and also used rasin bran instead of all-bran cereal. Make sure you watch it close, or it will get burnt!