Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
A healthy breakfast cereal from the orange groves of California!
Top Review by katew
This turned out great - I was nervous but it was really successful.I used orange juice concentrate so flavour was terrrific. I was grateful for the advice to watch closely though and luckily mine did not burn !!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups oats (regular)
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-bran cereal (crushed)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together oats, cereal and nuts.
- In a small saucepan stir together orange juice, honey, allspice and cinnamon. Cook and stir just until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Pour over oat mixture, tossing just until coated.
- Spread oat mixture evenly in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until oats are lightly browned, stirring twice. Remove from oven.
- Immediately turn out onto a large piece of foil; cool completely. If desired, serve with yogurt, milk, and/or fresh fruit.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.