Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love blue cheese so when I spotted this recipe in the Daily Herald I knew I had to try it. I wasn't disappointed, it's delicious! Cook time is chilling time.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese (2 cups)
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely crushed rye crackers
- In a large bowl, or in a food processor, combine the cream cheese, garlic, salt and cayenne; beat or process until blended and smooth; add the Monterey Jack and blue cheeses and walnuts and beat vigorously until the ingredients are evenly mixed- if you're using a food processor, be care to not overmix, the cheese should keep some of its texture; at this point, refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours.
- Spread the rye cracker crumbs on a large plate or sheet of waxed paper; dampen your hands with water to keep the cheese mixture from sticking to them; divide the cheese mixture in half, then pat and press each half into a log about 3 inches across; don't worry about keeping the shape perfect.
- Roll each log in the cracker crumbs, pressing gently so the crackers stick; wrap each cheese log separately in plastic wrap and chill until serving time.
- Serve with crackers, breadsticks or bagel chips.