Recipe by Kim D.
A delicious way to eat your veggies! This recipe comes from a Home Cooking Magazine and it is now one of our favorite side recipes.
Top Review by MelinOhio
I was not paying attention and mixed the water in with the vegetables, then baked it all together without cooking it as directed. Loved it, no complaints, I made it again and did it the same way since it worked out the last time. Thanks for great recipe, I will be making this often.
- 10 ounces frozen vegetables, California-blend (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavored cracker, crushed (such as Ritz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place water in a saucepan and add frozen vegetables, celery and onion.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until vegetables become slightly tender.
- Drain vegetables and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and shredded cheddar cheese to vegetables and mix.
- Place mixture into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour melted butter over vegetables.
- Sprinkle crushed butter flavored crackers over top.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
- ~NOTE~ The frozen veggies I buy includes carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower.