Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy marinade that adds a nice spicy taste to your chicken or vegetables for the grill or the oven.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (To make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetarian Worcestershire.)
- 1 -3 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Blend all ingredients together by either shaking thoroughly in a jar, or whirling in a blender.
- Pour over chicken or vegetables several hours prior to grilling or broiling.
This is our very favorite grilling marinade... We add 1 tablespoon paprika to kick it up a little.
This marinade tastes great and goes together very easily. I was worried about the amount of salt and to a small extent my worry was justified. I marinade veggies: asparagus, broccoli crowns, green onions, whole mushrooms, and sliced carrots. I marinaded them about 4 hours and then grilled them. The only veg that had a sodium overload was the carrots and to a smaller extent the mushrooms. So Avoid those 2 if marinading veggies. Other than that the flavor was great especially the broccoli. I waould do this again in a heartbeat!
My DD used this recipe tonight to marinade steak for kabobs. We all give it 5 stars for simplicity and 5 stars for taste. We will be using this recipe again and again. Thanks so much.