Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful sandwich that is rich in flavor. The left over grilled veggies are good in some pasta drizzled with olive oil.
- 4 large carrots, cut thin length wise
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut lenth wise
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lenght wise
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch wide strips
- 6 portabella mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 loaf French bread
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Mix vinegar, oil and rosemary together and set aside.
- Mix pressed garlic in with mayonnaise, set aside.
- Cut bread in half cross wise then length wise, set aside.
- On a preheated grill, place vegetables on grill and cook uncovered for 12-16 minuites or until tender, basting with vinegar mixture several times throughout cooking.
- Set cooked veggies aside.
- Take sliced bread and place cut side down on grill and toast.
- Spread mayonnaise and garlic mixture on sliced bread.
- Assemble sandwiches by layering first with cheese then layering with veggies on top.
- Top it off with top side of bread.
- NOTE: You can marinate the veggies in the vinegar for 15 minuites for even tastier veggies.
- You can place some aluminum foil over the grill when grilling if you like, to keep veggies from falling through, but I don't ever have a problem with them falling through.