L. Duch's Note:
This is a wonderful sandwich that is rich in flavor. The left over grilled veggies are good in some pasta drizzled with olive oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large carrots, cut thin length wise
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut lenth wise
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lenght wise
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch wide strips
- 6 portabella mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 loaf French bread
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1Mix vinegar, oil and rosemary together and set aside.
- 2Mix pressed garlic in with mayonnaise, set aside.
- 3Cut bread in half cross wise then length wise, set aside.
- 4On a preheated grill, place vegetables on grill and cook uncovered for 12-16 minuites or until tender, basting with vinegar mixture several times throughout cooking.
- 5Set cooked veggies aside.
- 6Take sliced bread and place cut side down on grill and toast.
- 7Spread mayonnaise and garlic mixture on sliced bread.
- 8Assemble sandwiches by layering first with cheese then layering with veggies on top.
- 9Top it off with top side of bread.
- 10NOTE: You can marinate the veggies in the vinegar for 15 minuites for even tastier veggies.
- 11You can place some aluminum foil over the grill when grilling if you like, to keep veggies from falling through, but I don't ever have a problem with them falling through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1086.3
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 1744.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 39.2 g