Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am an olive lover and if you are too, you should try this. I use a variety of olives, mostly whatever I have available in my fridge. Use your favourites for an appetizer or addition to your summer relish trays.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed olives (cracked green, kalamata and nicoise are good choices)
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup olive brine
- 1⁄2-1 chili pepper (depending on desired spiciness)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a nonmetallic pot.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.