Recipe by **Mandy**
This recipe is from Quaker. It's got great flavour & is so quick to make as it can be done in the microwave. I was surprised how well it turned out microwaved, it still toasted really nicely.
Top Review by Nasseh
I was unsure how to rate this, either a 3 or 4. I decided to cook this in the oven after reading the other review. After 35 minutes in the oven it started to smell like it was burning. I took it out & let it cool. When I tasted it there was a mild burn taste but not too bad. I feel that if the granola was cooked for 30 minutes it wouldn't burn & it would taste fine. That is why I gave it a 4 star instead of a 3. Made for Newest Zaar Tag
- 2 1⁄4 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ or 1⁄2 cup quaker unprocessed natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F Combine all ingredients except raisins; mix well. Bake in ungreased 15x10-inch baking pan 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in raisins. Cool and store in refrigerator.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In 4-quart microwaveable bowl combine all ingredients except raisins. Microwave at HIGH 8 to 9 minutes stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in raisins. Cool and store in refrigerator.