Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my absolute favorite recipe from my childhood. My grandma used to make them for me. I don't make them very often because, although it is her recipe, they don't taste as good as I remember. Isn't that the way it always goes?
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot jam
- Beat sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Spread half batter in grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread jam evenly over batter.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 325 for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Cool slightly, cut into bars.