This is my absolute favorite recipe from my childhood. My grandma used to make them for me. I don't make them very often because, although it is her recipe, they don't taste as good as I remember. Isn't that the way it always goes?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- 2Stir in flour and nuts.
- 3Spread half batter in grease 9 x 13 pan.
- 4Spread jam evenly over batter.
- 5Cover with remaining batter.
- 6Bake at 325 for 45 - 50 minutes.
- 7Cool slightly, cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Golden (Apricot) Bars
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 119.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g