1/2 Photos of California Fish Tacos Ww
From WW's Hit the Spot. The original recipe called for red snapper, but catfish works well, too. You can use any firm white fish, so mahi mahi, grouper, tilapia, haddock, or cod will also work to suit your personal preference. (Sole or flounder would be too thin.) 4 WW "thingies" on old plan, but add 2 "thingies" if add 1/4 avocado to each serving. Update 5/4/13: Made these for myself, and I was disappointed: the fish didn't stay hot after flaking, the cabbage-onion mixture overwhelmed the fish, and cold tacos are a waste of calorie expenditure. DH would have preferred lettuce to cabbage, although lettuce has no nutritional value.On the plus side, the lime juice kept the avocado from spoiling. For a better fish taco, try WiGal's WiGal's Cumin-Seasoned Fish Tacos #480852.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (1/4 lb) red snapper fillets or 3 (1/4 lb) catfish fillets or 3 (1/4 lb) mahi mahi fillets or 3 (1/4 lb) grouper fillets or 3 (1/4 lb) tilapia fillets or 3 (1/4 lb) haddock fillets or 3 (1/4 lb) cod fish fillet
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut in 8 wedges (optional)
- 1/2 lime, juice of (for optional avocados)
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1Spray a 7x11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 2Stir together the lime juice, oil, chili powder, ground coriander, and salt in a cup. Place the fish in the prepared baking dish in one layer and brush with the lime juice mixture.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner. Microwave on HIGH until the fish is just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Break the fish into flakes.
- 4Stir together all the remaining ingredients except the tortillas in a medium bowl.
- 5Top each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of the cabbage mixture, 2 tablespoons of the fish, and another 1 tablespoon of the cabbage mixture. Fold the tortillas in half.
- 6Serve a plate of dressed avocado wedges alongside. Halve, pit, and peel an avocado. Cut into wedges and arrange on a plate. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 lime over the avocado and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Fish Tacos Ww
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 233.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 26.0 g