In 'Quesadillas' by Donna Kelly
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Let bacon thaw slightly then dice.
- 3Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crisp.
- 4Remove from oven and blot dry on paper towels.
- 5Lay 4 tortillas on the counter and spread 1/3 cup cheese over each.
- 6Sprinkle 1/4 cup bacon over cheese.
- 7Toss avocado slices in lemon juice, then spread evenly over bacon, followed by the dried fruit.
- 8Sprinkle another 1/3 cup cheese over top and a little smoked paprika.
- 9Slide one of the cheese-covered tortillas onto a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- 10Place one of the remaining tortillas on top.
- 11Press down with a wide spatula to remove any air pockets.
- 12Cover and cook 1-2 minutes, checking frequently, until bottom tortilla is crisp and browned.
- 13Turn over, cover, and cook 1-2 minutes more, or until lightly browned.
- 14Repeat this process for remaining quesadillas.
- 15Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Dreamin' Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 669.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g