Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
In 'Quesadillas' by Donna Kelly
- 8 slices bacon, frozen
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas (white, wheat, spinach)
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 -10 dried figs or 8 -10 apricots, diced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Let bacon thaw slightly then dice.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and blot dry on paper towels.
- Lay 4 tortillas on the counter and spread 1/3 cup cheese over each.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup bacon over cheese.
- Toss avocado slices in lemon juice, then spread evenly over bacon, followed by the dried fruit.
- Sprinkle another 1/3 cup cheese over top and a little smoked paprika.
- Slide one of the cheese-covered tortillas onto a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Place one of the remaining tortillas on top.
- Press down with a wide spatula to remove any air pockets.
- Cover and cook 1-2 minutes, checking frequently, until bottom tortilla is crisp and browned.
- Turn over, cover, and cook 1-2 minutes more, or until lightly browned.
- Repeat this process for remaining quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.