Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
I haven't prepared these yet but it was a recipe that caught my eye. These can be served as a main course with a nice green salad -- or would be prefect for an appetizer buffet.
- 1 (8 ounce) package crabmeat or 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 20 slices sourdough bread or 20 slices French baguettes
- Heat broiler. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT bread in a medium bowl.
- Place bread slices on a large baking sheet. Broil 5 to 6 inches from h eat until toasted (1 to 2 minutes).
- Turn bread slices over; spread each with about 1 tablespoon of the crabmeat mixture.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until cheese is bubbly (2 to 3 minutes). Serve immediately.
- Note: Some people find Swiss cheese a little strong. I'm sure Monterey Jack would work in this recipe -- and most likely Mozzarella.
This was a nice change from tuna melts. Served with salad and soup. I might add a tomato next time!