Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here is a Gift Idea to keep in mind
Make and share this California Cornbread-Gift in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl, stir all the ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container decorated with a pretty ribbon.
- Attach this to the Jar: California Corn Bread Serves 4 to 6 1 package California Corn Bread Mix 2 eggs 1 cup milk 1/2 cup butter, melted Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the corn bread mix in a large mixing bowl and add the eggs, milk and butter.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Poor into a greased 8 inch baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
I wanted some cornbread for a dinner party so I tried this recipe. It isn't as sweet as other cornbreads I've tried, but it is good. However, it did not fit in an 8" pan. I saw the potential of it spilling over and placed the baking pan on a cookie sheet. It was a wise move because it did spill over as it baked. Next time I make this I would use muffin tins or a larger baking pan.