Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and elegant. I found this on one of my Mother's recipe cards. I'm not sure if she made it up or found it in a cookbook.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 6 -8 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat broth to near boiling in a medium pot.
- Divide the avocado slices between bowls.
- Place 2-3 lemon slices over the avocados.
- Pour heated broth into the bowls.
- Add 1 tbsp sherry to each bowl.
- Sprinkle parsley over the broth in each bowl.
This soup is very fresh and light; easy to put together. I used home made broth and port (did not have Sherry). Next time I might add a bit of broth to the avocados and lemons and let sit for a bit before adding the remaining broth to the bowls. The lemony flavour came through better at the end of the bowl. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders
123 Hit Wonders 2008 ~ This was quick and easy to put together with lovely flavors. As the other reviewer said, it would make a nice, light starter to any meal. Don't forget the sherry as it really makes a difference.
This recipe couldn't have been easier. It tasted fresh and light, but also much more complex and flavorful than ordinary broth. This would make an excellent first course for a heavy meal. I made this keeper recipe for photo tag.