Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A variation on the classic quiche.
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Press pie crust into 9 inch pie pan and bake 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare filling----------.
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic, sautee for 1 minute, then add peppers and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until peppers are crisp tender.
- Spoon vegetables over cooked pie crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a samll bowl beat eggs, and half and half and basil, blend well.
- Carefully pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for@ 20 minutes longer until Quiche is golden brown or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.