Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A neat twist on pizza courtesy of AvoClassic.com via the Houston Chronicle. It would also make a tasty appetiser.
- 1 purchased baked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- more olive oil, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup guacamole
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel, fresh,frozen,thawed,or canned
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped anaheim chili
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush pizza bread shell with olive oil.
- Spread salsa over shell.
- Spread guacamole over salsa.
- Sprinkle with vegetables, cheese and oregano.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
This was very good. I tried it just looking for something different and this really came through. I used a bit more feta than called for, but I love feta. Unfortunately I had to use a store bought guacamole since the avocados at the store were rock hard. Next time I will make my own guacamole which should make this recipe even better. Thanks for a great change to pizza.