Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have been hunting for ideas for different blends of spices by checking out some recipes. This is one that started to be a copycat but got so changed it became one of my own.
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and diced
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) jar capers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shallots, minced (can use red onion)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup green onion, sliced (scallions)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon savory seasoning (Savory Seasoning)
- Saute shallots in 2 tbls olive oil for two minutes, then add garlic and continue to saute another minutes or so, don't let the garlic burn.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Stir well until all is blended together. Add onion mixture to bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into a jar, cover and refrigerate.
- This should be good for 6-7 weeks if well chilled.
- TO SERVE: This is good mixed into cooked pasta, great brushed on fresh corn on the cob. Give a lift to the same old, boring vegetables with a spoonful of this! Will add a kick to most cold salads like macaroni or potato -- and don't forget to add to your vinegar and oil salad dressing! Make sure you stir well before using as it tends to settle.
- * If you don't have fresh parsley, leave out. Don't use dried. You can use fresh cilanto, but will have a different taste.