Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Gooseberry Patch recipe for a classic salad that can also serve as a meal. I am not a fan of bleu cheese, which the recipe calls for, so I would use almost any other kind of cheese on this. Also, I added chicken as an option for the turkey because chicken is easier to find. Enjoy!
- 1 head lettuce, shredded (use your favourite kind of lettuce, usually romaine or iceberg)
- 3 cups cooked turkey or 3 cups chicken, cubed
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 8 ounces ranch salad dressing
- Divide lettuce among 4 to 6 salad plates or serve on a large platter.
- Arrange remaining ingredients except dressing in rows over lettuce.
- Drizzle with dressing to taste.