You can substitute cooked chicken or ham. Also, any kind of cheese, such as Cheddar or Colby.
Make and share this California Club Turkey and Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups uncooked radiatore, pasta (nuggets, 6 oz.)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast (6 oz.)
- 3 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, cubed (1/2 cup)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- In small bowl, mix dressing ingredients, refrigerate while cooking pasta.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well.
- In large bowl, gently mix cooked pasta and remaining salad ingredients. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
This is such a great recipe. Whenever I bring it to a party I get e-mails and texts for days from people that have to have it. I omit the avocado and add diced red onion. My daughter adds cucumbers and other vegtables. That's the beauty of it, you can customize it to your liking. It is really is one of my family's & friend's favorites!
Wonderful salad! Since I am not much of a vinegar person I cut back and used only 1 Tbs. it was still a little to vinegary tasting for me but my Dh loved it. Thanks for sharing the recipe carolinafan.