Recipe by BecR
A longtime favorite sandwich of mine, since first trying the California Sandwich many moons ago at a little "healthfood" deli stand in Pacific Beach, California. This is my version. Use Easy Microwave Bacon for ease of preparation. Also good with thinly sliced tomatoes, in place of the cucumbers. I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Mika G.
This was really, really good! I used Panera sourdough bread with smoked turkey, reduced fat swiss cheese, turkey bacon, avocado, alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers, fat free mayo and light cream cheese. My picky eater asked if it was hard to make because he wanted me to make it more often. That is big coming from him! Thanks for the great sandwich and the rave reviews! YUM!
- 8 slices whole wheat bread or 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices deli smoked turkey (or leftover turkey breast slices)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced into thin strips (optional)
- 16 slices cucumbers, very thinly sliced (or thin tomato slices)
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout (or lettuce)
- whipped cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread lightly.
- Spread 4 slices toasted bread with mayo, and the other 4 slices with cream cheese.
- Assemble the sandwiches:.
- For each sandwich use one slice mayo toasted bread and one slice cream cheese toasted bread. Per sandwich use 2 smoked turkey slices, 1 provolone cheese slice, 1 bacon, avocado strips, 4 thin cucumber or tomato slices, and sprouts or lettuce.