1/5 Photos of California Club Sandwich
A longtime favorite sandwich of mine, since first trying the California Sandwich many moons ago at a little "healthfood" deli stand in Pacific Beach, California. This is my version. Use Easy Microwave Bacon for ease of preparation. Also good with thinly sliced tomatoes, in place of the cucumbers. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices whole wheat bread or 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices deli smoked turkey (or leftover turkey breast slices)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced into thin strips (optional)
- 16 slices cucumbers, very thinly sliced (or thin tomato slices)
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprout (or lettuce)
- whipped cream cheese
- 1Toast bread lightly.
- 2Spread 4 slices toasted bread with mayo, and the other 4 slices with cream cheese.
- 3Assemble the sandwiches:.
- 4For each sandwich use one slice mayo toasted bread and one slice cream cheese toasted bread. Per sandwich use 2 smoked turkey slices, 1 provolone cheese slice, 1 bacon, avocado strips, 4 thin cucumber or tomato slices, and sprouts or lettuce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Club Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.8 mg
- Sodium 1056.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 22.8 g